When I lived in L.A., there were Mexican fruit stands on almost every corner. Each one served up ridiculously fresh fruit and topped it all off with chili, lime and a touch of salt. I think I ate that everyday for lunch for about a year straight. For Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, I decided to try my hand at making this easy treat at home after finding the perfect Chile Limón spice from Oaktown Spices. These are perfect to serve to friends as an appetizer or enjoy as sweet snack all summer long. All you have to do is pick your favorite fruit!
- Your favorite fruit (I used pineapple, watermelon, jicama, cucumber and mango)
- 2 Tbsp. Chile Limón spice (if you don't have this, you can use cayenne pepper)
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp. salt
- Slice your fruit into spears. I cut the mango into cubes and layered it on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the chile limón spice and salt over your fruit.
- Squeeze lime over your fruit, to taste.