I’m a sleeper. I mean I really like sleep. I typically go to bed at 10pm and will still press the snooze button at least once when it goes off at 7am. Since I don’t typically have enough time in the morning to make a full on breakfast, I whip up this easy, delicious morning protein smoothie for the road.
After I’m dressed and ready to go, I will blend this smoothie up in my VitaMix, put it in a 20 ounce water bottle and will take it to work with me. At work, I start the day with a glass of hot water and lemon around 8:30am and will grab my smoothie once I start feeling hungry, around 9:30am. Everything in this smoothie is working to keep you full. The fiber from the banana and spinach makes this a filling breakfast and by adding plant-based protein powder, almond butter, hemp, flax and chia seeds you feel full all the way until lunch. I promise!
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 serving protein powder (I use pea protein, it's 100% plant-based)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water plus extra depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothie
- Optional: fruit to add sweetness
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend.
- Add water if you want it a little thinner.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
- Sometimes I will add pineapple or blueberries to the smoothie for a little added sweetness.